I made her dress out of fabric left over from making my wedding gown with re-purposed lace from an antique wedding gown my mother found. The pattern was essentially just a copy of a hand-me-down dress from our good friends, K&M, but with smocking instead of a gathered skirt and little puffed sleeves. I am very pleased with how it turned out, though I think the smocking could have turned out a little better if I’d pleated it a little more shallowly.
Because I made the pattern up myself, and it was the first child’s garment I have ever sewn, we had a liiiittle trouble getting it on. It took teamwork!